Romantik Hotel Markusturm

It rained the whole time we were on our way to Bavaria, so much so it literally sucked all the Christmas spirit out of me. It was just bleak and damp and gray that my attitude was completely wrecked and in a funk no one could have talked to me. It didn’t help of course that we started our Christmas road trip with a two-hour delay and crawled through seemingly endless construction traffic on the A3 autobahn, but when we finally made it to our first stop at our hotel in legendary Rothenburg ob der Tauber, things changed for the better.
Can’t remember the last time I stayed in a building that dates back to the 13th century but for a building that’s almost 800 years old, the old lady’s looking none too shabby. Matter of fact, especially after being surprised with a large, corner room on the second floor, it was just what I was looking for - she was Christmas inside and out.
The rain has stopped completely by the time we got to Rothenburg town and it was just cold enough to walk around with my jacket open. If our hotel is any indication, Rothenburg should be just as impressive.

Labels: , ,